Speech Therapy & Occupational Therapy
Comprehensive care at one convenient location for families
One of our greatest goals is to simplify the lives of families affected by autism. An important step in delivering on that promise is to bring the coordination of care under one roof. We are excited to take one step closer through our partnership with High Hopes Children’s Therapy.
Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy
Through our partnership with High Hopes, a family can access Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy services alongside their child’s ABA program, all at one convenient location in downtown Alpharetta.
Please visit High Hopes website to learn more about their experienced and engaging team.
If you’re interested in learning more about wraparound services, please speak with our Family Concierge or a member of your child’s care team.
High Hopes Children’s Therapy
High Hopes Children’s Therapy is a mother daughter owned business that was founded to provide “Hope” for children with special needs. High Hopes is committed to providing exceptional Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy services in a fun and engaging environment. We have their child’s best interest at heart and strive to create brighter futures.
Initial Evaluation: Speech Therapy & Occupational Therapy
Our initial evaluation includes a holistic approach in order to gain a clear picture of your child’s areas of strengths and weakness. A variety of standardized assessments are used during the evaluation in order to assess your child’s current functional skills.
- Skills that are assessed during OT evaluations include the following: Gross motor, fine motor, visual motor, visual perception, handwriting, primitive reflex integration, and sensory processing. The evaluation also includes clinical observations and parent questionnaires and or teacher questionnaires.
- Skills that are assessed during ST evaluations includes the following: Expressive Language, Receptive Language, Articulation Skills, Oral Motor/Feeding Skills, Phonological Processing, Auditory Processing, Fluency, and Social/Pragmatic Skills. The evaluation also includes clinical observations and parent questionnaires and or teacher questionnaires.
Treatment Sessions: Speech Therapy & Occupational Therapy
- All children have an individualized plan of care, which are planned around specific treatment goals.
- Sessions are individual 1:1 with a board-certified occupational therapist.
- Sessions typically last 30-60 minutes with the majority of the time being direct treatment. Typically, the last 5 minutes of your child’s session is spent consulting with parents: What we did, problem solving any current problems occurring at home/school, or providing activities that help facilitate carry over of therapeutic intervention and continued growth in underlying skills while at home/school.